Friday, May 27, 2011

SPINELESS JELLYFISH

We seldom hear the once ultimate insult, "you spineless jellyfish!" I don't know if it's because so many of us are spineless in the bravery department, or because we know that, even though they may be spineless, those jellyfish have painful stings. OUCH!
In the Alliance Life magazine this month, missionary doctor Dan Nesselroade and his wife, Marci, wrote of their busy lives working at the Koutiala Hospital for Women and Children in Mali, W Africa. One line of their brief report grabbed me. "Nothing puts steel in my spine like watching God do things that only God can do."
Sometimes we need to just "stop, drop, and roll" around in the amazing ways God works in our lives. Doing the things He alone can do.
Feel like you're needing some steel in your spiritual spine? I do. So I'm going to watch for things God alone can do. SDG.

No comments:

Post a Comment